Show Off Your Cottage Monday - celebrating new beginnings

Sunday, December 26, 2010
Welcome to "SHOW OFF YOUR COTTAGE MONDAY", a blog party I host at the beginning of each week to celebrate the things we love about our homes and how we live.

The House in the Roses


I
s the day after Christmas an ending or a beginning to you? Something almost magical happens to me each year right after Christmas day. Although another year is fast approaching its end, I can't help but see beginnings all around me!

New beginning, new thoughts, new life, new me! Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start, I look forward to the birth of Christ. I think that Christmas should be every man's birthday! We’re reborn through our Savior’s birthday. Isn’t this the most magical thought ever!

Ah yes, light has pierced the darkness, there has been a pause in the march of the universe, a breathless moment of silence among all created things! My soul yearns for the greatest of miracle... The Son of God in my life, in my house, in my gardens and all around me! Ready access to a power beyond our wildest imagination! And it can be yours too! Do you believe this?

Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.
~Alfred, Lord Tennyson, 1850

What about you? What are you celebrating in your home and life? We'd love to hear it! Link and tell us!