Alice in Wonderland

Tuesday, August 10, 2010
“I wonder if I've been changed in the night... Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is “Who in the world am I?” Ah, that's the great puzzle!” (Alice in Wonderland)

That’s how I feel whenever I’m out here—in the garden. I always feel a little different, a littler happier, a little behind the times; a little cornier or sappier if you will. This craziness must have also something to do with the enchantment of the magical package I just receive.... take a look at what's inside and tell me if you are not enchanted by it too!...

Ah yes, I’m so excited! I'm fluttering like Tinkerbell... I'm Tinkerbell herself! I am as tiny as she is and I can fly with the butterflies and wear yellow wings, and flutter around the garden as if on top of a magical wave... just like the yellow American Goldfinch in my garden do... you see, I was the lucky soul to win dear Kathy’s delightful “Victoria Inspired Giveaway", and now I am the owner of this treasure... oh, I can hardly wait... would you help me unwrap!

A pretty teacup and saucer—precious little gem for drinking my espresso or a small spot of tea, a lovely lace hankie sweetly scented... what’s the name of that lovely fragrant I wonder... is just so me! Delightful back issues of Victoria magazine; filled to the brim with enchanting photographs and charming vignettes... I have already started reading “My First Best Friend" and I cannot tell you how I had cried reading page after page of sweet touching stories about friendship and childhood; precious memories that will forever live in our hearts... “creme pour les mains” or “crema para mano” or almond and aloe hand cream with silk; all the same and all in all the same wonderful sweet fragrances, and oh, she also included my favorite romantic rose stationery! I cannot believe it! Ah yes, how beautiful a day can be when kindness (and luck) touches it!

I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks.- William Shakespeare


Please be sure to visit Kathy and tell her I sent you! You’ll be surprised if she doesn’t have already another generous giveaway steaming in her magical pot...