Excerpts of my life...

Thursday, August 26, 2010
Enchanted creatures? I am the Tinkerbell of my little world. I fly around this flower-laden land deadheading here, pulling weeds there, cleaning this and watering that and only stopping for a little bit to rest or maybe take time to make some refreshing fresh fruit smoothie... those delicious, creamy, frosty fruit drinks that are so wonderfully yummy on a hot afternoon in the garden...

Do you love smoothies? I love them! For a basic smoothie, I use the following:

1/2 to 1 cup fruit (I love mangoes and strawberries—my favorite)
1 cup plain or fruit yogurt (I like plain better)
1/2 cup fruit juice (I usually use orange)

Add about 4 to 5 ice cubes, or more if you like it thicker, and combine all the ingredients in a blender. Process on high until the ice is completely crushed and the drink is smooth and creamy.

I like to add a dash of cinnamon to my smoothies sometimes, or nutmeg or vanilla, you can also add honey or maple syrup... add whatever you want; be creative, there is nothing more delicious on a summer afternoon than a creamy smoothie... and smoothies are a good way to add extra nutrition to your diets too!

It’s been hot around here, I mean really hot like in the 105 degrees... I am amazed, and sometimes mystified, by how my garden thrives in the heat of August. Despite the usual amount of bugs and fungal diseases that comes with the heat of summer, my roses are as healthy as they can be, and I think they must have confused the seasons too and think is June, for they're madly putting spectacular blooms everywhere again and again! Is pure bliss!

While browsing the Internet the other day I found the most delightful site, filled with gorgeous free vintage images... This one in particular brought some nostalgic tears to my eyes. It has magic powers, I tell you... like a twister in the path of memories, it takes me back in time to those days of my childhood when the most important person in my little world was my dear sister Lissette...

I remember that both Lissette and I (I am almost 2 years older than Lissette) had massive amount of hair; particularly Lissette. I can remember being at the pool in the summertime, and enviously watching our friends’ hair dry gracefully into shiny Pantene waves while ours dried leaving us looking like members of Whitesnake. It amazes me how we both, still at this point in our lives, have kept our hair long... We have this thing with Rapunzel you know...

Oh, and take a look at my new pink vintage earrings!

I found these lovely round pink vintage earrings at St. Michael’s thrift store the other day. They were in a box outside the little store, along with all the other “free stuff” they put out every day for whoever would want them... I could not believe my eyes when I saw them! I decided to wear them to the office today with my black top and black and white skirt. They certainly add an extra sassiness to the otherwise austere look. I just love them!

(Pictures taken this morning at the office.... brought my camera with me! Tee-hee!)

I received the loveliest of package yesterday from dear Fairy Tesa and her sweet mom,... a "Just Because" gift! Aren’t those gifts the best gifts ever? Just because gifts convey an extra special meaning because they are sent when there is no occasion just to make someone feel special. They speak of unconditional love to me. I am thrilled and will be showing you what I got soon... and here is the lovely Ms. Tesa (dark hair) in her pretty fairy dress... isn't she the sweetest!

I peeked outside last night and gasped at the sight of the moon... I love taking pictures of the moon although my camera is not the best for doing this. I still love what I was able to capture... the mystery of the moon behind shivering leaves... Just amazing!

Oh, and did I tell you that I had to hurried up inside after I took those pictures? Ah yes, I was all alone out there in the garden taking pictures of the moon and all of a sudden it turned scary; real scary... an unfamiliar and mysterious place if you would. I could hear estrange noises amidst the bushes, unidentified creatures lurking in the growing darkness. Vines grew hair and fingers with long nails and I could hear this shallow breathing behind the darkened butterfly bushes... when I turned around, I thought I saw the creepiest of image across the water in the moon illuminated birdbath. Something cold, like a shiver I felt, and run inside.

Don't you just love imagining things? I also love to hear what you have been up to lately, so would you please take me to your world and tell me all about it! And oh don't forget to come back on Monday for another "Show Off Your Cottage Monday"! You would not want to miss what we have in store for you! See you then!

Wishing you all a happy weekend. From a magical and warm and sunny garden...



Photobucket