Do you have a favorite photograph?

Thursday, August 19, 2010
"Without mysteries, life would be very dull indeed.
What would be left to strive for if everything were known?"
(Charles de Lint)

This is one of my favorite picture ever of dear Fairy Tesa and me. It was taken last year by my mom... Mom didn't have the first clue how to operate my camera, so I told her to just follow my instructions and press the shutter button... and this is what it came out. The photo hasn’t been altered in any way. I remember only intense green green green everywhere, and have no idea why the change of colors in grass. Particularly lovely is the softer shade of green around us; as if we were standing on a luminous cloud. And what’s that shadow dancing at my feet, or why the trees in the background seem to evaporate against a muted background? I just love it all! The colors and composition of landscape and mountains bestow stillness; perhaps even mystery and a sense of the ethereal that captivates my soul. I just love it!

Do you have a favorite photograph? What type of feelings bestow on you? Please take me to your world and tell me your thoughts. I'd love to hear all about it!


Ps: A huge thanks to all of you for your sweet comments and good wishes on my last post. I am humbled by your gentle words. May you be blessed!