TIP OF THE DAY-Dust Your Coils

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dust your Refrigerator Coils

I just thought that I would give you a quick but important cleaning tip of the day.

This is important to do and most people don't realize dust on the coils makes the fridge work harder and less efficient. It can be a messy job but it does save money on the electric bill and with everyone running their air conditioning so much now, I thought that this would be a great reminder.

Here is a picture of my before. Gross, I know!

2010 03 30_2418

Here is the cover.

2010 03 30_2419

I vacuumed and washed the floor.  Here is the after.

2010 03 30_2421

I vacuumed under the front and the back.  It was really bad!!!

2010 03 30_2422

I was only able to get the first and last grates because I couldn’t get my vacuum any further.  As you can see, it is really dusty.  But at least I was able to get what I got.  And my fridge started to work better immediately.

2010 03 30_2423

I hope that this was a great tip and reminder. 

Remember, this helps your fridge work better and saves your electricity!

Have a great Sunday!

Bonnie :)

Please stop by my Shaklee site and check out my green cleaners that helps your family, wallet and our land.

shaklee leaf