Since I am on a totally organizing frenzy, I thought I would show you how I organize my files.
I have an easy 3 step process.
I put all mail, bills, paper and receipts in my bill drawer that I keep in my kitchen. I love using a drawer so I don’t have to look and see any papers around the house. The only paper that I want to see are my schedules are pictures that the kids drew me. Everything else in ugly and stressful!
File in System #1
I go through everything in the drawer. (This usually happens once a week so things don’t get out of control.) I empty the drawer and place the papers into piles. Then I pay all the bills online and take care of anything that needs to be done. After that, I file everything into the correct file in my cabinet. I do this right away so I know what I paid.
I have every file labeled accordingly to it’s subject.
The labels really keep things looking clean and organized!
This is my first filing system. (Cute, huh?)
File in System #2
At the end on the year, I go through my files and get ready for tax season. Everything else gets shredded or goes into my file cabinet in the basement (system #2) for 3 years or until I don’t need it anymore. I also keep a file for every appliance, manual, etc.
7 TIPS FOR KEEPING AN ORGANIZED SYSTEM
1. Shred and recycle when possible.- Do you really need to keep everything?
2. Use a filing system that makes other office chores easier, not harder.- use something simple that works for you.
3. Think before you file.- file logically
5. Keep your “first” filing system close and convenient.- Mine is on my main level.
6. File as you go.- I try to file once a week.
7. Be specific with files- That makes it easier to find something later
How do you organize your files?
Are they organized?
Do you use a system?
Please check out the review and giveaway on Funky Junk Interiors Blog.
I hope that you have a great day!
P.S. If you are having problems with my button, please be patient. I upgraded to Pro Photobucket yesterday and they still did NOT fix this. I already emailed them twice and still no luck. Sorry about this!